The Law Offices of Filteau & Sullivan, Ltd., LLP
Call (713) 236-1400

How to File a Complaint Against Your Employer

What does it really mean to file a complaint of discrimination or unfair treatment against your employer?

How does the legal process begin? We wanted to address that in this quick video…

For a free consultation with a Houston Employment Attorney call (713) 236-1400.

Video Summary:

Hi, I’m John Sullivan from the Law Office of Filteau & Sullivan, Ltd., LLP.

What does it mean to file a complaint of discrimination against your employer?

It is not simply telling your friends and co-workers that you have been treated unfairly by your employer.

If you don’t do this correctly (file a complaint), then you could lose  your entire legal case (you won’t have a Charge of Discrimination, and you won’t be able to file a lawsuit).

The first step is to actually express to your manager and supervisor that you are being discriminated against–on the basis of your race, age, gender, national origin, or some other protected characteristic.

Without this critical fact in your employment report, then your complaint counts for nothing.

Houston Employment Attorneys

If you would like to know more about this process or how to proceed with your discrimination claim, then call our office for a free consultation (713) 236-1400.

You can also use the contact form on this page to send us an email.